Thursday, February 1, 2007

Life is a journey

I do not know about you but my life for sure is a journey and if we typically look at a journey let’s say by a vehicle there are those things or events that anyone traveling may come by and among others are punctures, potholes, bad weather, accidents, traffic police and wreck less drivers.


Puncture:
The wheels of a vehicle carry the body without which even if the engine is perfect you cannot move. In the same way our being only moves to the right purpose with a vision and a mission, without which you may be healthy, learned, good looking etc but may never quiet achieve so much. If your life has stalled for a while check on your wheels . . .

Portholes:
Portholes slows down a forward movement in a journey, when a driver comes by one they MUST always consciously slow down and or evade the hole without which anything can happen to the vehicle. In the same way we come by situations in life that slows us down that if we do not overcome may lead a negative impact to us. One must in always find a way of overcoming such hinderances in order to continue with their journey of life.

Bad weather:
Have you ever driven when it’s extremely hot or raining? When it hot the road becomes hazy and when it rains the road is not just unclear but also very slippery and this hinders the journey in a big way in that if the driver is not careful other things may just happen. I sometimes find myself in a very unpleasant circumstance that affects me mentality, physically, spiritually, socially. Now when this happens I must consciously know how to deal with it, find out why the issue that is making me so uncomfortable is even there in the first place? Could God be communicating to me or could he be teaching me a lesson in life and what would be the way out? Should I be holding on, keep trusting in him or is it something I should take action upon?


Accidents
Cause deaths or injury of both innocent and irresponsible travelers. Sometimes there are things we do not have control over but some we get into knowing very well the consequences. What kind of a traveler are you if I may ask, some people refuse to be responsible for their own lives while others try to follow the rules to the core so that they survive the journey to the finish. A life journey would be long/short and enjoyable BUT can also be very long/short and enduring depending on how you take your life as person.


Traffic police
They bring soberness and order on the roads. Well if you ask me the Holy Spirit would suit this position just perfectly, He is our help and our guide. Him who perfectly knows the mind of the father in heaven, ok I know someone will ask me how then does the spirit lead? I will answer to my knowledge best that some things can only be experienced by faith and cannot be taught or even easily explained in words. I have read in the bible and believed and I experience His leading in my life.


Wreck less drivers:
I call them the rude shocks of life that come to distort your peace of mind and smooth running of life. They are part of interference mostly unexpected that one way or another discourages us. However focus on to the finish, trust in the Lord always knowing that he is on your side. His plan is to give you a hope and a future, never to do you any harm.

So do you believe that your life is journey?

Revelation 21:6He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.



Thoughts by Sally.

No comments: